Friday, January 7, 2011

Optimism

Noun - a general disposition to expect the best in all things.

     In my life I was always tried to take the optimistic view of things.  This is not always so easy to do.  And in my dating struggles I get easily frustrated when things don't always go as I had envisioned them to go.  I would be disillusioned to think that the path to my happily ever after would be smooth sailing and lined with sunshine and rainbows, but my outlook remains that however rocky and treacherous and filled with giant chasms my path is, it will all be for good reason.  How's that for optimism?!
     In my frustration with myself I declared myself a fool for the way I was behaving and for doing all the things I know better than to do.  That's when someone said to me, "if you're a fool, then we all are."  I wasn't quite sure what to make of this statement until I thought about it further....and it's true.  I would be a fool not to put myself out there, not to try, and not to risk it all for the sake of finding love.  So with that reassuring comment/thought process I am once again throwing caution to the wind, jumping in with both feet, and letting the cards fall where they will. 

"To love is to risk not being loved in return.  To hope is to risk pain.  To try is to risk failure, but risk must be taken because the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing."    -Unknown